Thursday, April 23, 2009

Diocletian Orbs

When you walked into the Emperor of Diocletian's room in the Palace of Diocletian you may have triggered him to say something about having his orbs stolen... sounds like a dirty joke, doesn't it?

Emperor Diocletian exclaims, 'Ohhh woe is me, time is getting close, if someone does not recover the prized orbs that the thief Agerfoyle stole, all of Diocletian will be destroyed!'

All of the orbs can be found in Diocletian, although one can actually be found in two places...

'I will help' you say to Emperor Diocletian.
Emperor Diocletian tells you 'I cannot risk the life of one such mortal as ye, However if thou can prove thee worth I shall reconsider.'

Emperor Diocletian tells you 'Find the great scholar Archibold and if ye can get him to speak to thee about the matters at hand I will honor thy able. Return to me with his words of wisdom soon as time in running out.'

Emperor Diocletian gives you a golden seal.

Visit Archibold, the great scholar, in the Diocletian Basilica. Be sure to bring along a psionic because Archibold will want to communicate his message to you using esp.

Archibold the Great Scholar whispers to your mind, 'Ahh a brave adventurer has decided to help save our great city! I cannot speak the phrase aloud for traitors might hear me.'

Archibold the Great Scholar whispers to your mind, 'Listen closely to your thoughts and ye shall know what to say to the emperor.'

Archibold the Great Scholar closes his eyes in deep concentration.

Archibold the Great Scholar whispers to your mind, 'For the four elements I shall avenge the theft and return peace to the mighty Diocletian.'

Archibold the Great Scholar gives you a blue rhinestone.

It seems kind of ridiculous to me that Archie can say the first two lines into any non-psionic's mind, but can't tell you the phrase unless you are a psionic... So, then you take the phrase and the rhinestone you have obtained back to Emperor Diocletian. Thanks to Rka for being my psionic enabler for this.

'For the four elements I shall avenge the theft and return peace to the mighty Diocletian.' you say to Emperor Diocletian.

'I grant thee honorable and able to accomplish the task at hand.' Emperor Diocletian says. 'Good to luck to thee and return my orbs safely please! Time is growing shorter and shorter as we speak.'

Emperor Diocletian tells you 'I have already hired a brave being to help reacquire the orbs. However, he has not yet returned, seek him out and perhaps ye shall be able to learn useful information.'

Emperor Diocletian tells you 'My hired help be one who is skilled in the art of fighting and is waiting around the area. Hurry before it is too late.'
Emperor Diocletian tells you 'Take this seal so he knows I have sent you.'

Emperor Diocletian gives you an emerald seal.

And thus, Emperor Diocletian has given you the necessary clues to progress you onto the next step in your journey. But who is this person that you need to seek out? He wasn't very specific... It needs to be someone who works for the Emperor, someone who is a skilled fighter, and someone who has information for you. There could be more than one candidate who fits this description, but exploring Diocletian with the seal will soon produce results.

Caught off-guard, a minotaur warrior blinks in surprise.
'Isn't this his Majesty's seal?' a minotaur warrior asks.
'Are you here for the orb?' a minotaur warrior asks.

'Yes' you say to a minotaur warrior.
'You unworthy scum, you shall never be able to recover the orbs if I have not yet recovered them.' a
minotaur warrior says. 'I am a minotaur and I can do anything better than you, So begone out of my
sight before I kill thee.'
A minotaur warrior begins attacking you!
A minotaur warrior is in perfect health

You are smashed on the head by a minotaur warrior's bash causing mild damage.
Electricity arcs across the spear of the dead!
A minotaur warrior is jabbed on the torso with your pierce causing incredible damage.
A minotaur warrior is jabbed on the torso with your pierce causing lethal damage.
A minotaur warrior has been slain!
Your blood freezes as you hear a minotaur warrior's death cry.
You receive 5,201 experience points.
A minotaur warrior collapses lifeless to the ground.
The severed tail of a minotaur warrior falls to the ground.
You take 788 gold coins.
You take a crumpled note from the corpse of a minotaur warrior.
You take an air orb from the corpse of a minotaur warrior.
The Powers give you one gold coin for your sacrifice of the corpse of a minotaur warrior.

Now you have the air orb, and a mysterious crumpled note. Hold onto the orb and read the writing on the note.

You see a series of weird characters, intermingled with strange symbols.
Luckily you can vaguely make out a few important sentences. The entire
paragraph sounds like a praise you would use for someone fetching for
compliments or an answer to a question. It reads,

Sunbeams dance across us in the noon, we bloom twice times twelve and
beneath our beautiful blossoms ye shall find what ye desire.

While it certainly sounded like a riddle to me, the truth is much easier... simply repeat the last two lines of the note to Larkin. Larkin is master gardener in Peristyle garden.

'Oh ye speak such beauty, perhaps you can help me figure out what has caused this wonderful occurance.' Larkin, the head gardener says. 'If you slay a rogue bumblebee and return to me a stinger, I will have one last task to ask of thee.

After retrieving the rogue bumblebee's stinger:

'Lantis, would you happen to know what happened to my flowers?' Larkin, the head gardener asks.
You give a bumblebee stinger to Larkin, the head gardener.
Larkin, the head gardener says, 'You are truly a noble one indeed and those pesky bumblebee's won't be able to sting me any more.'
Larkin, the head gardener chuckles politely.

Larkin, the head gardener asks, 'If I were to give you a spade, do you think you could help me one last time?'

'Yes' you say to Larkin, the head gardener.
'Oh good, I am glad that you are willing to help me, I am just getting too old for this.' Larkin, the head gardener says.

Larkin, the head gardener says, 'There is an odd seed that grows here in the Peristyle garden, find it and return it to me and I might be able to help you.'

'Oh yeah, I almost forgot, take my spade, you'll need it if you are to find the seed.' Larkin, the head gardener says.

Larkin, the head gardener gives you a wood and iron spade.

When I found the seed, it was to the room just south of Larkin in the garden. I do not know if it pops in the same place every time or not though. It could be a random room in the garden just as easily.

You begin to dig, throwing large clumps of earth over your shoulder.
You have uncovered an oddly-shaped seed!

You take an oddly-shaped seed.

You give an oddly-shaped seed to Larkin, the head gardener.
'Good, you found it, now I can finish my herbal mixture that I have been working on.' Larkin, the head gardener says.

'The other day I saw a man toss this into some bushes as he was running across the garden.' Larkin, the head gardener says. 'I don't know who it belongs to but surely someone as noble as yourself will be able to return it to its rightful owner.'

Larkin, the head gardener gives you an earth orb.

The earth orb can also be obtained in Vospire after reboot on the ground in one of the merchant's shops in the south side of the city.

Finally, go down and down into the tunnels beneath the Baths of Diocletian. Walk around until you find An Unusual Glowing Dead-End. Search in this room until an east exit appears. Go east into:

Inside Master Thief Agerfoyle's Den - - -
(-------------------------------------------------) W <---(M)---> -

Surprisingly, you have discovered a strikingly comfortable, rock-enclosed home. Mud-brick walls support the oval shape of the room, and the earth creates its floor and ceiling. A small blanketed bed and shelves line the northern wall, and a small kettle can be seen to your east. Unexpectedly abandoned by its owner, Agerfoyle, this small home now sits unused. Through the use of secret tunnels, Agerfoyle was able to gain access to a majority of the palace unnoticed. However, his last burglary was unfortunately interrupted by a number of guards, and he now sits in the secured palace jail. In the dead-center of the room is a curious sight, a magical broom is here, gently sweeping up dirt by itself. Two little wooden arms extend from the broom's long handle, one of which is holding a small copper dust pan. Your eyes widen as you notice what it holds in its other hand...
*A wooden broom whisks across the room, cleaning endlessly.

Yes, in the broom's hand is a water orb. Kill the broom and take its orb, if it has it. You may have to kill the broom more than once to get this orb. Once you have all three orbs (air, earth, and water,) return all three orbs to the Emperor of Diocletian.

Emperor Diocletian says, 'Oh thank goodness you have found all of the orbs, please give them to me and I will reward you handsomely.'



'Thank you for returning all of the orbs to me, Lantis.' Emperor Diocletian says. 'Now I can return them to their rightful place.'
Emperor Diocletian says, 'For your valor, I reward you with a weapon from my personal armory, the Pike of Prosperity.'
Emperor Diocletian gives you the pike of prosperity.
Emperor Diocletian says, 'The pike cannot be used by just by anyone, it takes someone of high morals to use the weapon.

The pike of prosperity is a level 150 pike that does holy-wrath damage with flaming. It doesn't seem to be a particularly good weapon, even for mid-third classers. Maybe that's just my opinion though.

No comments: